Thursday, October 7, 2010

ilove....Sophie Dahl's voluptuous delights

Hi darlings, i got back from my cocoon. I needed it I guess.... sometimes i feel like i'm a bit like the main character in my all time favorite movie "into the wild".
 I just get fed up with all material things and see no sense in buying stuff and decorating my house. ( ok a small exception for the new winterboots i bought :0
So i started of by making a new header, this might not be the final one ( i think it's a little big) what do you think about it? Gosh i missed you all!I will try to catch up on some of your posts.

While i was in my cocoon i did do a lot with my other obsession, cooking.
My new heroe is Sophie Dahl and her latest cookbook, "Miss Dahl's voluptuous delights"  . I know it's been on the market for a while, but i just started to appreciate it.
My favorite breakfast in the morning now is the Blueberry strawberry smoothie.
The secret ingredient i looooove is peanut butter.Believe me this smoothie contains everything you need to kick start your day!



                                                                 So here is the recipe


Serves 2
115g/1 cup of frozen blueberries
200g/1 cup of frozen strawberries
1  scoop of protein powder ( i like the vanilla tasted ones)
250ml/1 cup of soya milk
Honey to taste ( i never need it)
Peanut butter (optional)

Just throw everything in a blender and sip it through a straw. Enjoy!


                                                                       XX 

15 comments:

  1. Good to have you back!
    We all need our cocoons every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you back-i love the header but then again i am partial to big images:-). Happy Thursday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m so glad you´re back:)!
    Think the header looks great. Very inspiring pics. from your home I suppose!?
    Love the movie 'Into the wild' and think a lot of us humans living this century can relate to that feeling of being tired of all of the material goals(even though I am for sure a material girl:) )
    Take good care!!!
    Lots of Love from Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! welcome back! hope you're felling better now :)

    and I love starting my day with a good fruit smoothie as well,
    gives me lots of energy for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to see you back. The header is fab...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new header, gorgeous! So glad you're back! Sophie doesn't look as voluptuous as she used to :(. Maybe it's the protein shakes! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge hug is so big it will reach out over the miles to welcome you back :)))))
    I just SO understand about the cocoon, and I even MORE understand about the winter boots- mine are blue suede cowboy boots with the SNUGGLIEST fur lining! I bought them this week, and I'm not feeling the teeniest bit guilty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda! Nice to see you back online. I love the header, but it seems to be a little too much to the right? Peanutbutter in a smoothie? Sounds terrible, but I don't like peanutbutter anyway (altough I never tried....)

    x Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back dear friend! And good for you for enjoying cooking ~ now perhaps you can come to my house and share your talent ~ for alas I can not cook! Except for toast. :)

    Happy weekend!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh so good to see you're back! :)
    It really seems your little hiatus was good for you. I like the new header a lot, once you've adjusted it to the right size it will look very nice!
    And oh yummy this smoothie sounds so good I must try it soon! But I don't even own a real blender aah (I'm not passionate about cooking - obviously)... maybe I'll get one for Christmas haha.

    Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy you are back! Love the new header and love blueberry smoothies... I omit the strawberries and put banana in mine! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you have had a great time!!! I did too in Tuscany..oh, what a beautiful place!! I love your new header actually - very nice pictures, fits your style! And strawberries in a smoothie can never fail!! Have a lovely new week!! xoxo's Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Sophie Dahl, although haven't got the book yet...Love the new header too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a fan of Sophie as well. I own her book and can't wait to experiment her recipes!!!!

    I'm a new follower,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails